Following the resignation of Tonia McMillian as SEIU Local 99 Treasurer, the Executive Board appointed Damita Carey Smith as Treasurer, effective November 16, 2019. Our Executive Board currently has the following vacancies (the cause for each vacancy is also noted):
- Early Education Delegate (2 vacancies, uncontested in prior election)
- Small Public K-12 Delegate (incumbent vacated, retirement)
- LAUSD At-Large Delegate (incumbent vacated, resignation)
- LAUSD District 1 Delegate (vacancy, uncontested in prior election)
- LAUSD District 5 Delegate (vacancy, uncontested in prior election)
- County Office Delegate (incumbent vacated, appointed as Local 99 Treasurer)
- Child Care Delegate (incumbent vacated, attendance, per Article 6. Section 2.F. in Constitution & Bylaws)
- Vice President (incumbent vacated, attendance, per Articlel 6, Section 2.F. in Constitution & Bylaws)
To apply for consideration by the Executive Board to fill any one of these vacancies, complete and submit this form no later than Tuesday, December 31, 2019. Per Article 14 of the Local 99 Constitution and Bylaws, these vacancies shall be filled by appointment of the Executive Board. The Executive Board will also interview qualified candidates prior to making appointments to these vacancies. Members who would like to be considered for appointment to an Executive Board Delegate vacancy may do so by completing the application found below.
PLEASE NOTE: to serve on the Executive Board, you must have been a member in continuous good standing for at least one year immediately preceding this application.