Members from SEIU Locals throughout California are coming together and texting voters whose Congressional Representatives voted against the American Rescue Plan.
On March 11th, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan into law. The American Rescue Plan provides:
- $130 billion to schools to reopen safely
- $3.8 Billion lifeline for child care providers and frontline workers
- over $20 billion in financial relief to small and mid-size businesses
- state and local governments the aid they desperately need
- Expands the child tax credit from $2,000 to $3,600 – slashing California’s child poverty rate in half!
Why would anyone vote against this?
This American Rescue Plan is what all our communities need for a strong recovery out of this pandemic. Members of SEIU CA have been on the frontlines, risking their lives to keep the country running and keeping our families safe. Our Congressional Representatives should be voting in our best interest at all times.
Join us in holding Congressional Representatives who voted against this COVID relief package accountable. SEIU members responded to the challenge and risked their lives, it’s time for Congress to Respect Us, Protect Us, and Pay Us!
We’ll make our voices heard – and have fun! Our virtual California couch party will have a live DJ and a dance competition!
Join us as long as you can – Tuesday, March 23. We’ll be texting from 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Register HERE to join!