Our bargaining team reached tentative agreements with LAUSD over wage increases covering the third year (2019-20) of our current contract. The agreements include:
- $1/hour ongoing wage increase – paid retroactively to July 1, 2019
- $750 bonus for all members who worked in 2019-2020 to the present.
- “Us Too” clause – ensures that if any other LAUSD bargaining unit, including teachers, receives any off-cycle increase for 2019-2020 that is bigger than the one SEIU Local 99 members receive, then all Local 99 members will immediately receive an equal additional wage increase.
Use this calculator to get an estimate of your pay raise based on this agreement. Please note that your actual increase could be more or less than the estimate generated by the calculator.
Members must vote to ratify the agreement. Voting will take place online from Monday, June 21 through Wednesday, June 23 at 5pm. Only SEIU Local 99 members may vote. Members will receive a link to their ballot via text and email.
If you are a member of SEIU Local 99 and did not receive your ballot, you may request a ballot link by completing this form. A ballot link will be sent once membership is verified. Please submit your request no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday, June 23.
Read the full language of the agreements here. Unit B, Unit C, Unit F, Unit G.
Remember, this is the third raise in our 2017-20 contracts. Members received increases of between 6-8% in the first two years. Next, we’ve got to get ready to negotiate increases in our 2021-23 contract. Let’s keep it up!
“This agreement recognizes the hard work and dedication of SEIU Local 99 members who contribute to student learning every day and who have kept our schools going throughout this pandemic. All of us on the Bargaining Team are proud to recommend a Yes vote to approve this agreement,” said SEIU Local 99 President and LAUSD Building Engineer Conrado Guerrero.
“This is a great step forward and a great way to end a challenging school year,” said Elizabeth Thomas-Parker, SEIU Local 99 Vice President and LAUSD Special Education Assistant. “Next, we’ll be heading into negotiations for our full contract. We’ve got great momentum. Let’s stay strong and ready to take action.”
Our SEIU Local 99 Bargaining Team:
- Max Arias, SEIU99 Exec. Director
- Conrado Guerrero, Building Engineer / SEIU 99 President
- Elizabeth Thomas-Parker, Special Ed. Asst. / SEIU99 Vice President
- Marisol Aguilar, Special Ed. Asst. / SEIU 99 Exec. Board Member
- Tony Ahumada, Truck Driver
- Deborah Hamilton, Building & Grounds Worker
- Jesus Bernal, Mechanic
- Gilbert Feliciano, Special Ed. Asst.
- Robinson Landeta, Fleet Storekeeper
- John Lewis, Bus Driver / SEIU99 Exec. Board Member
- Haydee Malacas, Community Rep.
- Virginia Miranda, Sign Language Interpreter
- Ken Ng, IT Field Services Tech.
- Lori Oshiro, Speech Language Pathology Asst.
- Santos Robles, IT Solution Tech.
- Ryan Jack, Special Ed. Asst.
- Teresa Thomas, Food Service Worker
- Jannette Verbera, Special Ed. Asst. / SEIU99 Exec. Board Member
- Bart Weil, Special Ed. Asst. / SEIU99 Exec. Board Member
- Margaret Williams, Food Service Worker