During our Nov. 1 membership meeting, we launched the CCPU-SEIU Local 99 Negotiations Team Nomination! The first step to winning a strong contract is electing our CCPU-SEIU99 Negotiations Team.
Since our statewide union, Child Care Providers United, is composed of three local unions, SEIU Local 99, SEIU Local 521, and UDW, each with its own set of constitution and bylaws, each local has created its own process for the nomination and election of the negotiations team. Those individuals elected as members of the negotiations team will develop proposals based on provider priorities identified in the bargaining surveys and sit at the bargaining table to directly negotiate with the governor and his appointees.
There are 9 available seats up for election for CCPU/SEIU Local 99, as follows:
- 4 seats for Large License
- 3 seats for Small License
- 2 seats for Licensed-Exempt FFN Providers
*To be nominated for a seat on the bargaining team, you must be a member of CCPU SEIU Local 99 and show proof of license capacity or state subsidy payment stub for licensed exempt members.
If you are nominating yourself or another member to be a part of the CCPU/SEIU Local 99 Negotiations Team you can NOT utilize any UNION platform to promote your nomination.
What does this mean for providers and nominees?
- NO election campaigning is allowed on any CCPU or Local 99 platforms
- You or your nominee will be disqualified from the nomination/election process if you use any Union platform
- A Union platform includes Facebook, Private Groups, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. Tagging CCPU or Local 99 is also prohibited.
- Your post will be reported and removed.
- You may campaign on your own platforms
You may nominate yourself or another member. You can send your questions and/or concerns regarding the nomination process and policies to Nanette Rincon-Ksido at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit a nomination is Wednesday, November 9th at 8:00 pm.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.