According to dates provided by LAUSD, the payment schedule for the bonuses, retroactive pay, and wage increases won in our latest contract is the following:
$1000 Retention and Appreciation Bonus
Everyone who was employed by LAUSD during the pandemic shutdown (June 30, 2021 or before) and continues to work with the district will be receiving the retention and appreciation bonus won in our new contract.
- Paid on May 23, 2023 for those who are paid twice a month.
- Paid on May 31, 2023 for those who are paid monthly.
Wage increase + Retroactive Pay – 2021-2022 6% increase + 2022-2023 7% increase for a total 13% wage increase plus retroactive pay will be paid on:
- Paid on June 8, 2023 for those who are paid twice a month.
- Paid on June 12, 2023 for those who are paid monthly
Additional increases are coming:
- 7% increase effective July 1, 2023
- $2/hour increase effective January 1, 2024
So, when it says everyone who was employed by LAUSD, does it matter the union they were in before? During the pandemic, I was with another union and have been with local 99 since July 2021. It seems that it was for everyone in the district who worked during that time, but my paystub did not include this bonus, so I just needed that clarification,
Does anyone know who will be given what amount in terms of the retroactive pay? It was stated a few times the retroactive pay is between $4000-$8000 depending on job classification and years of service.