SEIU Local 99 members have voted overwhelmingly to approve our new contract with LAUSD. During in-person and online voting held April 3-7, thousands of members cast their ballots with over 99% voting to ratify the agreement. Read our press release. On April 18, the LAUSD school board also voted unanimously to approve the agreement.
When can you expect payment on the new wage increases, retroactive pay, and bonuses?
- Retention and appreciation bonus of $1000 will be paid to all current employees who worked during the 2020-21 school year on:
May 23, 2023 for those who are paid twice a month and on
May 31, 2023 for those who are paid monthly
- Wage increase & Retroactive pay – 2021-2022 6% increase + 2022-2023 7% increase for a total 13% wage increase plus retroactive pay will be paid on:
June 8, 2023 for those who are paid twice a month and on
June 12, 2023 for those who are paid monthly
- Additional increases are coming:
• 7% increase effective July 1, 2023
• $2/hour increase effective January 1, 2024
These historic wage increases amounting to an average 30% increase were won through the courage, sacrifice, and commitment of SEIU Local 99 members.
Plus more! Immediately after winning our contract, members secured an additional agreement with LAUSD that includes more optional paid days, vacation cash-out, no retaliation for striking, and greater respect. Read more here.
Let’s continue to stand union strong! Become a Steward or contact your organizer to join a Labor Management Committee to continue to address hours, staffing, and other issues that impact our work and the student services we provide.