Child Care Providers United members voted overwhelmingly to approve our new 2-year Collective Bargaining Agreement with the state! Once this new contract is ratified by the state of California, it will be effective through July 1, 2025.
Once state legislators approve the ratified contract, and it is signed by Governor Newsom, our new contract will go into effect.
We made significant gains with our new contract, but it is only the beginning. This win represents major strides after nearly 20 years of organizing, as well as the fruit of participation by thousands of providers and parents through phone calls, emails, and turning out in person at events to demand what child care providers and families need.
Our actions showed what we can accomplish when we are united, so let’s continue to stand strong!
Highlights of the agreement include:
- a pathway to implement payment based on the actual cost of providing care
- a subsidy rate increase per child
- $80 million per year for a historic first-of-its-kind retirement fund
- Continued funding for CCPU Health Care Reimbursement Fund and CCPU Training Fund
- a two-year extension to payment by enrollment, not attendance
What’s Next? Continue to grow and build our union
- getting involved with CCPU
- organizing and mobilizing to continue to win what providers and families need
- recruiting new members and leaders
- ensuring we have the resources & power to win more victories!