About Wayne Huang

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Wayne Huang has created 227 blog entries.

Tell the LAUSD School Board: Vote Yes to Restore Hours & Stop Cuts to Student Services!

By |June 20th, 2024|LAUSD|

SEIU Local 99 members have rallied, signed petitions, and spoken out at the LAUSD school board meeting urging the district to stop the cuts. We are being heard! Now, we need one final push to make sure the school board approves a budget that restores all hours and positions that were set to be cut [Read more]

Tell LAUSD: No Cuts to Student Learning & Safety!

By |May 20th, 2024|All Bargaining Units, LAUSD Bargaining Updates|

Despite more than $6 billion in reserves, LAUSD Superintendent Carvalho and the school board are underfunding our schools. The district is cutting critical positions and programs. Students will pay the price if these cuts go through. LAUSD has the money to fund our schools — they're just refusing to do it. Let Carvalho and the School Board know we won't let them defund public schools. Send them an email demanding they restore school funding and stop the cuts!

Tentative Agreement Reached with SMMUSD

By |April 30th, 2024|Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District|

After months of purpling-up, picketing, speaking out at school board meetings, showing-up to observe negotiations, and mobile and bus advertising, our show of power made a difference at the bargaining table.  Our union met with SMMUSD on Friday, April 26, 2024 and reached a tentative contract agreement. Our actions moved the district to eliminate all contingencies on wage increases. Members will see a 18% raise that coupled with our previously won 10% increase totaling a significant 28% increase. 

Taking It to the Streets at SMMUSD!

By |March 15th, 2024|Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District|

The fight for full staffing, fair wages, and clean, safe & supportive schools for all is ON! SEIU Local 99 members at Santa Monica-Malibu Unified need livable wages, more staffing, and more hours to provide the best learning environment for students to thrive. The district has failed to recognize the members’ valuable contributions to [Read more]

SMMUSD Members: Join a Meeting Friday, March 15!

By |March 12th, 2024|Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District|

Frontline education workers at Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District work hard to provide clean, safe, & supportive schools for all. But the school district refuses to recognize our contributions to student learning with livable wages, more staffing, and more hours to ensure students have the full support they need to succeed. After two years of contract bargaining, the district is only offering a 4% wage increase. Not enough! Let’s show the district that we demand respect!

“This is Nothing More Than Union-Busting”: SEIU Local 99 Executive Director Max Arias Responds to District Stalling and Attempts to Cut Student Services

By |February 28th, 2024|LAUSD, LAUSD Bargaining Updates|

LAUSD is trying to push back on the historic contract gains we fought so hard to win almost a year ago. They have been dragging their feet on establishing a process to increase the hours of Special Education Assistants, resisted increasing hours for Health Care Assistants, and now, they’re cutting the hours of Campus Aides, Supervision Aides and Teacher Assistants.

When We Fight, We Win! Looking Back at This Year of Labor

By |November 27th, 2023|All Bargaining Units|

When we fight, we win! This year was the year of labor. Some call it a comeback, but we never went away - we just showed up, showed out and showed everyone what we're made of! Check out this video featuring your fellow SEIU Local 99 members looking back at this historic year of being union strong and winning game-changing collective bargaining agreements.

Join the CCPU/SEIU Local 99 Contract Action Team!

By |September 26th, 2023|CCPU Bargaining Updates, Child Care Providers|

The Contract Action Team (CAT) is a dedicated group of member leaders who are at the center of leveraging our collective power during negotiations and/or Joint Labor Management Committees (JLMCs). CAT members communicate regularly with other providers in their area about the progress of negotiations and the work we are moving through our JLMCs. [Read more]

A Back-to-School Message From Executive Director Max Arias

By |August 29th, 2023|All Bargaining Units|

When we fight, we win! Together in our union, we've accomplished a lot so far this year: a historic strike that led to even more historic gains for LAUSD school workers; family child care providers painting Sacramento yellow and winning milestone improvements to their profession that were unthinkable just a few years ago; and [Read more]